HERO Remembered as Nearly Perfect | News
College Park, GA -- Dozens of co-workers, police officers, firefighters and tow-truck drivers gathered Monday to pay their respects to Spencer Pass, 45, a HERO who was killed on the job last week.
"If there's such a thing as a perfect person, he was close," said shift supervisor Jason Josey. "He was such a nice person that this job fit him perfectly. All he wanted to do was help people."
Pass was helping a stranded motorist on Interstate 85 near Cleveland Avenue last Monday, when a pickup driver towing a trailer fatally hit him.
His funeral was held at World Changers Church International in College Park.
His widow, Dawn Pass, sang during the service. DOT Commissioner Vance Smith was one of the speakers.
Several members of the Tennessee HELP program, which works like HERO program, attended the service.
"We know what everyone in this profession deals with," said Bob Vanhorn of the Tennessee DOT. "When this happened, we thought we need to show our support because this is a member of our family."
A memorial fund has been established in his honor. Donations to the Spencer Pass Memorial Fund may be made at any Bank of America Branch, in the Metro Atlanta area.
Upcoming Events near Cascade
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running