Salvation Army Hosts Xmas Day Meal for the Homeless | Community Spirit
Atlanta, GA-- (Submitted by Lafeea Watson)
Salvation Army Annual Christmas Meal For The Homeless And The Hungry
What: The Salvation Army Red Shield Services ( 400 Luckie Street , Atlanta , GA 30313 ) is once again hosting its annual Christmas Day meal for Atlanta ’s homeless. Doors are open from 11am-1pm to men, women and children from The Salvation Army and surrounding shelters. Volunteers and staff will cook and serve meals for between 400 and 600 people who attend the Christmas Day meal.
The Salvation Army also delivers meal on its Mobile Feeding Unit to 200-300 elderly, sick and shut-in people in the Fulton County area as well.
The Christmas Day main course will consist of 92 turkeys, 250 lbs each of mashed potatoes and yams, 100 lbs of collard greens, 100 lbs of dressing, 36 #20 cans of cranberry sauce, 20 cakes and 120 pies.
Donations can be made to support The Salvation Army’s Red Shield and other holiday assistance programs at www.salvationarmyatlanta.org .
§ The Salvation Army Red Shield Services Staff
§ 20-30 volunteers to prep, cook, and serve
§ 400-600 homeless men, women and children from The Salvation Army and area shelters
When: Saturday, December 25, 2010 (Christmas Day)
Volunteers arrive at 10am
Open Seating for meals is 11am-1pm
Where: The Salvation Army Red Shield Services
400 Luckie Street, NW
Atlanta , GA 30313
Upcoming Events near Cascade
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running