SW ATLANTA | Police in 2 states search for missing toddler | News
ATLANTA -- Police in two states are searching for missing toddler who was last seen in the Atlanta area more than a month ago.
Eighteen-month-old Amir Jennings and his mother Zinah had spent several months living with relatives in Southwest Atlanta.
But around Thanksgiving, mother and son seemingly disappeared.
Their family reported them missing, but Zinah didn't resurface until she crashed her car on Christmas Eve in South Carolina.
More disturbingly, Amir was still nowhere to be found. Police say his mother was of little help.
Police arrested Zinah after officers say she fed them a bunch of conflicting stories about her son's whereabouts -- stories that just didn't pan out.
Upcoming Events near Cascade
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds