CRCT Investigation Report: Connally Elementary School | Schools
Connally Elementary School
1654 S. Alvarado SW
Principal: Mimi Robinson
Testing Coordinator: Wanda Moore-Williams
SRT-1 Executive Director: Dr. Sharon Davis-Williams
ATLANTA -- The investigation into Atlanta Public Schools concluded that CRCT cheating occurred at Connally Elementary School in 2009. However, investigators lacked sufficient evidence to determine which teachers erased and changed students' answers.
Investigators concluded that teacher Gwen Bramwell cheated on the 2009 CRCT. Paraprofessional Joyce Bucklen testified that she once observed school personnel in principal Mimi Robinson’s office doing what “looked like they were erasing on the test”.
Wanda Moore-Williams, the school’s testing coordinator, was implicated during the investigation for having erased incorrect answers. She told investigators she was falsely accused by Bucklen for changing answers because of a personal vendetta.
Bucklen also told investigators that she heard James Howard, a band teacher at the school, say that he changed the tests to get bonus money. Howard denied cheating to investigators.
Robinson pleaded the Fifth Amendment during the investigation. Tresa Andrews is interim principal of Connally Elementary, according to the school's website.
Upcoming Events near Cascade
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running