CRCT Investigation Report: Miles Elementary School | Schools
Miles Elementary School
4215 Bakers Ferry Road SW
Principal: Christopher Estes
Testing Coordinator: Shuanta Broadway
SRT-1 Executive Director: Dr. Sharon Davis-Williams
ATLANTA -- The investigation into Atlanta Public Schools concluded that CRCT cheating occurred at Miles Elementary School in 2009.
Teacher Rae Debose-Douglas told investigators she once heard testing coordinator Shuanta Broadway say that she had to review each student's CRCT answer sheet to make sure they answered the majority of the questions. Another teacher, Lillian Williams, admitted to using voice inflection to tell students which answers were correct. (312)
A third teacher, Kiatonya Wormley, said she erased wrong answers when her students filled in one or more bubbles on their CRCT answer sheets, and fellow teacher Lakeisha Davis told investigators she instructed her students to re-read questions when she saw that they'd gotten the answers wrong. (313)
The Governor's Special Investigators decided that Davis, Williams and Wormley cheated on the 2009 CRCT; meanwhile, Broadway and principal Christopher Estes denied any knowledge of cheating.
Estes is still the principal of Miles Elementary, according to the school's website.
Upcoming Events near Cascade
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds